Testim Testosterone Medication is a 1% testosterone cream that is sometimes prescribed for men with signs of low testosterone This drug has been shown to increase sexual motivation, decrease fat mass, increase lean body mass and it can improve bone density in men suffering from low testosterone. (Low testosterone, which often comes with age, is one of the primary causes of Osteoporosis in men.)
Possible Side effects of Testim. The company producing Testin states that this drug can cause the following side effects:
1. Prostrate difficulties. The company states: "If you already have enlargement of your prostate gland, your signs and symptoms can get worse while using Testim. This can include increased urination at night, trouble starting your urine stream, having to pass urine many times during the day, having an urge that you have to go to the bathroom right away, having a urine accident, or being unable to pass urine or weak urine flow.
2. Possible increased risk of prostate cancer. Your doctor should check you for prostate cancer or any other prostate problems before you start and while you use Testim.
3. In large doses, Testim may lower your sperm count.
4. Swelling of your ankles, feet, or body, with or without heart failure. This may cause serious problems for people who have heart, kidney or liver disease. Enlarged or painful breasts.
5.Sleep Apnea. Having problems breathing while you sleep.
6. Blood clots in the legs. This can include pain, swelling or redness of your legs.
7. One of the other dangerous side effects of Testim occurs not to its user but to women or children who might accidentally come in contact with the skin where Testim has been applied. THIS IS IMPORTANT. The effects in children is early development of sexual maturity and in adult women there may be changes in body hair and increased acne.
End of Testim review.
There is another 1% testosterone cream, Androgel. To read about androgel and bone density go to Androgel alternate to Testim Testosterone Medication .