Osteopenia treatments Vitamin D is necessary for rebuilding your bones. And it is Vitamin D3, cholecalciferol, this is the form that you need for bone building. Here are the basics you need to understand if you want to build strong bones:
1. Vitamin D is the key to calcium absorption. When there is a deficiency in this vitamin there is always a negative effect on bone density. Insufficient intake means your body can not build bone easily. In children, a deficiency can lead to rickets, in adults, to osteomalacia. Both of these are bone softening conditions. Both can be treated successfully with adequate supplements.
2. Vitamin D has three main forms and all three are important:
Note the importance of your liver and kidneys in the transformation from the first into the third form. The reason why excess alcohol is a risk for Osteopenia and Osteoporosis is its negative effect of alcohol on your liver. It is also the reason why kidney disease is often a precursor to Osteopenia or Osteoporosis. ( see: Osteoporosis, Osteopenia Risks )3. Calcium supplements are only helpful if there is enough stage 3 Vitamin D in the body to ensure that the calcium can be absorbed.
It is a waste of money to be taking calcium supplements if you do not have sufficient D3 in your system.
When creating plans for Osteopenia Treatments Vitamin D remember that too much of this vitamin can be a problem. You do not want to over do it and take too much.
When we are in the process of converting stage 2 Vitamin D into its stage 3 form, it is parathyroid hormone (PTH) that stimulates our kidneys to do this conversion. If you have too much stage 2 Vitamin D in your body, that can cause the release of too much parathyroid hormone (PTH).
Because PTH also stimulates osteoclasts - the cells that dissolve bone, releasing too much PTH can lead to bone loss. You do not want too much PTH in your system - especially if you have Osteoporosis or Osteopenia. It can sabotage your whole plan for Osteopenia treatments
If you take too much Vitamin D, you could stimulate a cycle of bone loss. Taking too much can backfire in Osteopenia treatments Vitamin D usage.
Here is a list of recommended Osteopenia treatments Vitamin D intake : Note that this list is based on daily total, from all sources.
1. Sunlight. Unless you are missing the gene to synthesize Vitamin D, spending 5 to 30 minutes in direct sunlight with your face, arms, legs or back exposed between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. twice a week in summer, fall and spring can synthesize enough vitamin D3 for your needs.
2. Main food sources. Beef liver, cheese, egg yolks and fatty fish all contain small amounts of D3. They are the best dietary sources of D3. Also you can use cod liver oil, fortified milk and orange juice (Read the labels on mild and orange juice to see if they have D3)
3. Supplements. Here is a case where you want to get the amount right. Too little and you will not have strong boness. Too much can stimulate the production of PTH...and PTH stimulates your Osteoclasts, the cells which dissolve bone. If you take too much Vitamin D, you could stimulate a cycle of bone loss! So do not be misled by ads telling you to take high doses.
Ask your health care provider about testing your Vitamin D levels. It is an easy blood test and it should tell you if you are absorbing enough or if you need greater supplementation....or if you have too much D3 in your system.
End of article: Osteopenia treatments Vitamin D usage.
You can buy Vitamin D on line through the Shop page.
Click to read more about Natural approaches to overcoming bone loss